March 11, 2008

Working out again, but not reading much

Blogging at lunch to try to get in an update.

Weight loss: I had a setback when I got sick and completely missed working out in February. I picked up most of the 5 pounds I'd lost in January which wasn't great. I just started up again last week with the workouts and am almost (.8 lb to go!) back to where I ended January. I thought about trying to make up for February this month, but that would be almost 15 pounds to lose. I'll shoot for 10, but really? I'll be happy with anything below 195.

I need to develop a good workout plan. I spend 30-45 minutes doing cardio (treadmill, elliptical or climber) and then another 30 minutes on weights. I'm going 3-4 times a week and I need to develop something quick because marathon training begins at the end of the month and I've got to plan on run/walking it with Mom and Chris. Well Chris at least. I think Mom's competitive enough to try for a time that will kick my butt.

I did download the Podrunner podcast from iTunes to try to use on the treadmill. Well see how that goes. I don't think I'm quite there yet since I just got back in to the gym. But it will help with the interval training. (what's with the word farklet? Those Swedes, so funny)

What would be good is some kind of tracker. A pedometer won't do it for me and I don't want to spend over $100 for a Garmin Forerunner. I'm thinking of trying the Nike+ since it will work with my nano. The brother has one and likes it and I could always knit a cozy to keep it on my New Balance shoes. And $29 is a much better price for me.

Reading: I haven't read anything yet this month. Rather weird for me. I'm wondering if March will get away without anything read other than magazines or knitting patterns. I have bought books, but it's making the time to break them open. I think part of it is just letting other things take the lead on my time right now. That's ok with me, but I really do miss the books.

No comments: