April 24, 2007

Yarn and books *do* make it better

I've been getting a little bit of knitting done. I finally finished the Shedir cap, but realized just now that I have not taken any pictures of it. Knit on size 3s per the pattern, I ended up dipping into the 2nd ball. Turns out it was a little big and it's taken a dunk in the wash. We'll see if the washing helped it to downsize a bit. Would I knit it again? Yes. On size 2s. With metal needles since I broke the wooden Addi's I was originally using.

What you see here to the left is the next project. The Bubbly curtain from Mason-Dixon Knitting. It's being knit on size 5s in JP Coats' Royale Fashion Crochet Thread in Sage. It's a mercerized cotton, cheap and in a color that will go in the kitchen. It's going to go in place of the icky blinds hanging in the window over the sink.

I've been doing a ton of reading. And when I say ton, I mean 8 books and a short story's worth in the last 7 days. I'm on a JD Robb kick that bumped the Cornwell kick I was on earlier. I started at the beginning of the Eve Dallas series and have read Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death, Rapture in Death, Ceremony in Death, Vengeance in Death, Holiday in Death, Conspiracy in Death and am now starting Loyalty in Death. The short story was after Holiday and before Conspiracy and appeared in the Silent Night anthology.

I'd grabbed the first one last Tuesday for an easy read while commuting. But I kicked it into high gear after a trip to Powell's for Rob's birthday. He got a few books, I found a couple (neither of which was the book I wanted - Born in Death) and when we got home I grabbed the book I was on and plowed through a few more. It helped that I had Monday off for vacation and stayed home today.

No, I didn't blow work off to read. I had an apheresis appointment yesterday morning and I was stupid enough to not get enough rest the night before or eat breakfast. I ended up getting nauseous and nearly threw up. Not my usual reaction at all. AND it briefly interfered with my viewing of Sense and Sensibility. All in all, the rest of the day was spent being extremely tired with a still upset stomach. I woke up this morning and could, I suppose, have gone to work, but I opted to call in sick and sleep a little longer. I'm glad I did since feel much better with just those few extra hours.

Well, enough of that. Nanny, here are pics of two of your grandkids when they were last here:



Posted by Picasa

No comments: