December 10, 2006

Upgraded and updated

Well, I moved to the new blogger format. Not bad. Still trying to get some things down. I'd like to be able to change the size of the font in the sidebar but have not yet been able to do so.

In the meantime, here are some pics:
First up is the Icarus shawl being blocked.

Pattern: Icarus by Miriam Felton from Interweave Knits, Summer 2006 issue

Size 3 and 1 needles (don't ask)
Knit in Rowan Kid Silk Haze
Recipient: Rebecca

Started back in early November, it bumped along quite nicely. I would make it again, but knit the entire thing with size 1 needles. It blocked out bigger than I wanted since the upper portion was done with the size 3 needles.

But Rebecca was thrilled with the result. She had wanted a shawl to take with her on a cruise for those dressier nights, the color needed to be dark but shiny and the Rowan KSH Night worked just right for this.

I offered to knit it for her since there was no way she'd get it done it time. As it was, I barely got it done - I blocked it out Thursday night and she left Saturday for San Diego.

Back in early October was Miss K's 4th birthday:

I did knit a little purple sweater for the Bitty Baby her Nanny and Aunties bought for her and had started on a matching sweater for Miss K.

But time got short and the sweater is still on the needles. It's going to be finished for Christmas and gifted to her then.

She was princess for a day at her party. Rob & I had great timing: we were late enough to miss the madness of games & lunch with a bunch of small children, but just in time to witness the opening of the presents and get some cake.


And just for kicks, here's Kruz in his Niner get-up.


No comments: