January 01, 2006

New Beginnings

First off - Happy New Year! We managed to stay up last night to usher in the new year by watching I Love the 80's: 3D (TiVo'd earlier in the week). I was up this morning at 6:30 to get the Crock-Pot (TM) jambalaya going, let the dog out, got yesterday's mail and began the finishing of the 2nd blue Crayon baby blanket.

I have a total of 6 knitting WIPs I need to finish:
Blue Crayon blanket (gift)
Prairie Spring socks (gift)
Paws to Remember scarf (gift)
Buffalo plaid blanket (gift)
Alpaca mobius scarf
Acrylic lap blanket (charity)

And upcoming items:
Baby boy sweater (Feb)
Boy sweater (March)
Baby girl sweater (May)
Felted clogs for Rob

It's a new year and I'll be renewing my commitment to WW. I've lost (and maintained that loss) of 20 lbs so far. Twenty more to go and I'll be where I was when Rob and I first married. Twenty more past that and I'll be at the weight where I felt my most attractive and sexiest. I wasn't by any means "fit" at the goal weight, but I felt good. And that's what matters.

That's probably the only resolution this year. Last year's? Let's check:
* Increase my exercise: Not so good. I've announced my intention to get my lazy bum out of bed to the husband and the Sis. I'm going to have to make good.

* Eat healthy: Better. Lost the 20 pounds. Definitely need to slow down in eating again. I don't know what's going on, but I've scared myself choking a couple of times. (blech)

* Read more: I did borrow more, didn't reach the 2 new books/authors a month, but being a voracious and fast reader makes a difference in the end totals. Total of 58 books read in 2005.

* Knit something for me: Didn't.

* Blog more: hmmm. Probably better, but not great. Need to establish a day where I update.

Now I'm off to check the jambalaya and watch football with Rob.

No comments: