July 23, 2005

All the news that fit to print

What's happening in my life . . .

Finished the 3 sweaters for niece Samantha's doll, Princess Ballerina.

Doll Sweaters 2

One hoodie in a light purplish-blue, 1 peach gansey and 1 lilac lace tunic. Sam said she wanted knit clothes for her doll rather than herself for her birthday this year. I'll probably go on a hunt for pants or skirts to coordinate or buy material and make them myself. Gotta use the sewing machine at least once a year, ya know.

Trying to make sure I get a backup trained at work so I can take time off for Ryan's Stitch 'N' Pitch event. (Thanks, Ryan for the link!) Go M's! Rob, Erin, Rebecca, Katherine have agreed to go with me, but I think only Rebecca and I are truly excited about the yarn.

Lisa asked on her blog earlier this week how many projects did we, as knitters, typically work on at the same time. I had to take stock and here's the new lineup:
- Branching Out scarf in yellow silk/wool blend
- Baby blanket in KnitPicks Crayon (blue)
- Hoodie for Erin in Bernat Denim
- Buffalo Plaid blanket in red & black Red Heart for Sean
- Socks in KnitPicks Daffodil colorway

And waiting in the wings:
- The Shoalwater shawl
- Paws to Remember scarf
- Socks in KnitPicks Spring Prairie colorway
- Socks in Cascade 220 oatmeal colored

As for books, I like others in the knitting blogosphere am in process of reading Harry Potter. But I'm also reading Madame Secretary (still!), started Galileo's Daugher and have Life of Pi in the wings. This Tuesday, Jasper Fforde will be at Powell's so I'm going to try to get to that and the week after it gets better.

The Harlot will be in Portland.

No comments: