August 09, 2004

Pain all around me

So I managed a couple week's ago to strain my back and have been popping Advil like m&m's. But I've definitely done something more since today I'm unable to stand without immediate pain to the right side of my lower back. I have to cling to the nearest tall object in order to remain standing until it subsides. Sitting is uncomfortable, lying down a little better but overall I am just in a world of hurt.

I didn't even bother bringing my knitting with me to work.

It made sense at the time, but now that I have an appt to get this checked out, I don't have anything for the waiting room! I'm just hoping that I can drive myself to the appt and then home without incident. And did I mention we have only manual transmissions?

On an up note, I've started the Vanilla Freeze. Having nightmares about not having enough yarn, but since Mom is petite I don't think I'll need to knit the length in the pattern. And with the yarn I'm using, it's not a vanilla, more of a soft berry smoothie.

The kids had a bit of a rough patch this weekend. They found out their mom & stepdad are moving to Portland. Since they currently live with her, and neither one is keen to move to Portland, they were more than a bit emotional. When the dust finally settled Saturday night, each had made a decision on where they would be living. Sean will remain in Independence with his grandmother for his last two years of high school. He's done so well this last year going from Ds to As and Bs that no one wants to mess with that improvement. Gwen will keep him on the straight and narrow and will be a good influence on him. Not to mention he'll be going to church with her on a regular basis now.

Erin has decided to come live with us in Vancouver. It will be fun adding her to our daily lives. She'll be a freshman in high school in just a few weeks so it will be a doubly important transition for her. New school and new house. Well, maybe not the house since she's here every other weekend and most vacations. But with her presence we've added another bookworm to the house, she'll be watching sports with us AND she's a knitter. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: