July 19, 2004

My aching back

Kim's probably 75% ready to go now.  We spent the majority of the long weekend (I took Thursday & Friday off) getting her things into boxes.  Not too bad. I did, however, manage to strain my back muscles and have found the last couple of days to be frustrating.  I never realized just how much I bend in the course of the day.
 
I did manage to get all but the last couple of rows on the buttonband completed for Samantha's sherbet cardi this weekend.  The last rows were completed at lunch today.  I can now seam, find buttons and get started on the mini version for her doll.  The one bad thing from all of my knitting progress?  I broke one of my #5 needles for my Denise set.  Luckily, I had a bamboo set of circulars to use, but they just weren't the same.  I'm going to need to order the replacement set soon, along with the 40" and 52" cords I saw on the order form.
 
I've been catching up on my blog reading and I'm starting to wonder about making a Charlotte, trying Kersti or Calmer, going for the Master Knitter program, my HTML skills and new digital cameras.  The beauty of the 'net is how it inspires you to go further outside of your box.

No comments: