December 09, 2008

Christmas knitting

Working on a Christmas stocking for Gigi:

Gigi's stocking 2

It's knit with size 8 needles and used Red Heart White & Wintuk Christmas Red for the stocking itself. I scrounged up some remnants of Reynolds Utopia for the gingerbread man. His gumdrops are buttons and the face was sewn on with the RH White. And he has a little bit of stuffing to make him pop out. There's a similar gingerbread man (no stuffing though) on the other side.

I just need to put her name on it and it'll hit the mail this week :) I'm tempted to figure out how to add "candies" to the stocking as additional embellishments, though.

I'm also knitting a pair of socks for Miss S:

Samantha's socks in progress 2

Size 2 needles using Knitpicks now discontinued Dancing sock yarn in Ballet. The pattern is from Knit Socks! and it's called Straight Laced. I'm just about to start the toe decreases on this first sock and then I'll have to work hard to avoid Second Sock Syndrome.

No comments: