February 26, 2007

It'll grow back, right?

** Deep breath **

I've signed up to be a shavee for Portland's St. Baldrick's fundraising event.

My company is putting a team together and I've put my name and picture out there as a participant. Clippers will meet with my mass o' hair on March 18th.

My personal goal is to raise $400, donate my hair to Locks of Love and actually knit a hat for myself.

That last part only makes sense when I tell you that in the four years I've been knitting, I have yet to knit anything for myself.

The picture to the right is my badge photo from work. See where my hair ends? It's grown since then and it's about 4-5 inches longer than it appears in this photo.

Am I a little nervous? Yep. But I'm kind of excited too. I get to start from square one with my hairstyle. My hair has started to want to curl, so I'm curious how it will grow out.

I think I'll be taking once a month photos to track the growth progress once it's gone. Look for a whole new picture of me on 3/18.

If you're interested in donating to help me reach my goal, click here to go to my St. Baldrick's webpage. (Mom & Kim, both of you said you would!)

No comments: