January 12, 2005

The Lovely Bones

Well, I've completed my first new book of 2005. I say "new" because I habitually pick up books around the house to re-read. But the new book was Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones. I took a while to do it, too. Not to read it, mind you, since I started it on Monday at lunch and finished it today at lunch. Nope, it was just picking it up and starting it.

But I'm so glad I did. I enjoyed it. I cried over it. I laughed and even re-read sections of it. I briefly considered buying it for my personal library. But you know what? I can check it out any time at the library. Which is where it's going this weekend to re-join its siblings. And I will find another to offer me escape, enlightenment or emotion. Or any combination of the three.

I'm thinking to pick up The Time-Traveler's Wife next to read. It was a gift from the little Sis for Christmas.

But I also need to knit on the Berry Freeze, update Quicken to close out last year, pull together the tax files, pay bills, exercise and decide if I'm going to a bridal shower Friday night after work.

No comments: